The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Few Trip Observations

Last edit: wpsteel66 on Friday, 12th April 2013 3:37 pm
Last response by Blakjackkid 16th April 4:34am

I was in Vegas for 3 nights to attend a conference (Tues – Thurs April 9-11). Below are a few things I noticed.

Planet Ho “convention” area décor has not been changed from the Aladdin days…still the middle east architecture/appearance.

As I mentioned, Aria Las Vegas Blvd marquee is operating, but nothing but ‘nature’ pictures. The crane has been removed so all road lanes open.

Bellagio lunch buffet is well worth the $21…nice variety and quality.

Aria lunch buffet is good with some different features vs. Bellagio…but I would select Bellagio over Aria…one Aria uniqueness is the gelato bar.

Starbucks opened today (April 12) in Aria promenade, replacing the coffee/gelato/snack shop. Aria also built an express sundry shop next to Starbucks for your beer, drink, smoke, and snack needs.

Five50 pizza shop still under construction in Aria.

The support pillars in Moderno bar are no longer ‘tree looking’.

Planet Ho had $5 craps tables until at least 5pm.

Observation wheel support towers across from MB still standing, but no construction going on.

Front of MGM with Hakkasan addition is finished.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Blakjackkid responded on Monday, 15th April 2013

I'll be at Aria in 3 weeks for the Maywether fight & Vegas Uncorked. I'm looking forward to checking out the new ARia marquee as well as the new Hakkasan restaurant/night club which is where the kickoff party for Uncorked is. I generally always walk over to the Bellagio for the dinner buffet because of the seafood. The one cool thing about the Aria lunch buffet is they still have someone making made-to-order ommelettes even in the afternoon for us late-risers. Thanks for the Vegas updates!

KennyStak responded on Monday, 15th April 2013

Probably getting tickets for the fight. Have you found anything under $400?

Blakjackkid replied on Tuesday, 16th April 2013

$289 are the cheapest on Stubhub. You can also sometimes get some very good seats cheaper than full price from desperate scalpers on the actual day of the fight.