The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Dad's first trip through Las Vegas

Last edit: soonercraps on Tuesday, 28th August 2012 7:14 am
Last response by Bajagmoe 29th August 8:35pm

A few weeks ago I received a phone call from my dad asking if I wanted to fly to San Jose to pick up his mid-life crisis car and drive it back to Oklahoma. My response: "Sure, but we are stopping in Vegas." We flew into San Jose about 9am and were on the way to Vegas by 11 in a 1985 Thunderbird (what was I thinking).

We rolled into the 4Queens parking lot about 9 pm after a quick stop at the Mad Greek House. Upon check in, they informed me that we would be staying in a smoking room on the first floor despite my paying extra to "block" a room that was non smoking on a high floor, but, "we can move you tomorrow."

Took dad around Fremont and he loved the people watching. He went back and crashed around 1 am. I spent the next 2 hours playing Craps and BJ ended winning $300. Once I got back to the hotel, I got in the shower and found hair and fingernails in the shower. I was NOT happy.

Monday morning I abruptly checked out, and was told "Well, you know, this isn't Caesars Palace." I promptly called Caesars and got a room at PH for $25. We went to Mon_ami_gabi for breakfast and had a great breakfast as always. Checked into PH early, I told them my story and we got a fountain view room on the 38th floor. It was magnificent.

Went and saw the Hoover Dam and the new bypass to kill a few hours. Saw Mystere that evening, and on the walk back, watched the Volcano and The Fountains.

Tuesday morning we get up get breakfast and who sits next to us? Kim Kirdasian. We laughed at the paparazzi that stormed our table. We get our stuff and head for home... Via the Shelby museum and route 66. P.s. if you are a car guy, skip the Shelby museum.

My dad isn't a gambler and not a drinker but his last comment: " I could definitely come back." Even if I did not get to show him Vegas my way, it was a successful trip.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 jammoral responded on Tuesday, 28th August 2012

Way to a intro a family memeber the Vegas Way and convert. +1

Bajagmoe responded on Wednesday, 29th August 2012

Awesome trip with dad. Makes me want to do one with my dad.