The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Finally some logical pricing in Macau. Thanks COD!

Last edit: Dramman on Wednesday, 11th November 2009 5:01 am
Last response by parchedearth 27th January 3:02pm

I got offers for all three hotels at the COD this morning (which indicates the Hyatt tower is open!). I want to feature the Hard Rock offer for a moment:

HKD1,088++*
Chill out at the bold and edgy Hard Rock Hotel with:

.One night's accommodation in a Standard Room
.Breakfast for two at R Bar
.MOP100 credit for a minimum spend of MOP500
at Rock Spa.

First, MOP (Macau Patacas) and HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) are about one-to-one (The tables only accept HKD). This price is about $125-130 a night. That plus breakfast (de rigure in Asia) makes the whole thing actually a logical price for the area and the service you get. I would say the Hard Rock is comparable, if not better, to many of the HK properties that charge about the same.

Even the rest of the offer at the COD is pretty good with $200 for the Hyatt and $250 for the Crown. Compare this with the usual $300 a night the Venetian/Wynn/Starworld/Grand Lisboa wants to claim.

Some might look at this and panic, but I actually think its a good thing. Hotels in Macau have always been ridiculous (not counting the Chinese guesthouse ratholes) compared to what you get and what you can get across the harbor in Hong Kong. This might actualy bring people in, and get them to stay longer.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 pablo responded on Saturday, 16th January 2010

But Dramman, should you not get rooms for free in COD?

parchedearth responded on Wednesday, 27th January 2010

I agree this is good news and would guess this will continue as more rooms are now available and with Singapore opening. I'm hoping room costs will start to equalize with Vegas rates. Someday I would like to see offers from Wynn and Venetian based on my play at their Vegas properties.