Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Get ready to spend more on resort fees at Caesars

Last edit: MinVegas on Saturday, 18th February 2017 1:16 pm
Last response by motoman 23rd February 1:31am

Starts in March, $1-3 extra depending on property. This will happen alongside complimentary wi-fi in rooms.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 wpsteel66 responded on Sunday, 19th February 2017

Not surprising, but still sucks...especially since CET /Harrahs still charges resort fee on comp room nights at all their properties even outside of Vegas.

cschoony responded on Monday, 20th February 2017

Not surprising but woohoo free wifi! Really? That is supposed to soften the blow? Do the large chains realize they are pushing people to consider an other than Vegas vacation?

andybflo responded on Wednesday, 22nd February 2017

They already have started pushing people to consider other vacations...

The wife and I used to go three times a year; a Diamond and Platinum CET, and solid Pearl Milf players.

Not whales, but a steady, consistent gambling pattern. We brought friends. They went separately, they brought friends. One other couple was the same; 3x, 5-6 days a trip.

Wife and I cut back to twice a year. Then once. We may go during SEMA in '17. Nothing booked, as of now. Still going on vacations this year (Outer Banks, Vermont, a cruise, Hawaii currently scheduled), but instead of Vegas twice, and one less (or two) other trips, we choose elsewhere.

Gambling odds suck. Period. We had better odds on a cruise ship last year (huge eye-opener.) They nickel and dime you to death. Resort fees suck. Hotel rates are spiking. Staffing in most hotels is down, and most folks are apathetic. The experience is becoming homogenized. Nothing new is being created/built (Resorts World and WynnWaterWorld; I'm trademarking that, btw, might be worth a visit), other than shopping centers and bars.

I'm not done, but we're seeing other people now. When Vegas realizes they need me (obviously not a narcissist, I mean LV hardcore folks, like all of us) more than I need them, I'll come back. Eagerly awaiting the next downturn in visitation.

motoman replied on Thursday, 23rd February 2017

^^^ +1