The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Which elements of the new Volcano Bay park could influence Wynn's Paradise Park?

Last edit: jucifers on Saturday, 5th November 2016 10:09 am
Last response by LakeMeadLakeErie 11th November 11:06am

Here's a video recently posted to Youtube about Universal Orlando's new water park, Volcano Bay. This park looks like a game changer, unlike anything ever created before. Which aspects of this water park might translate well to Las Vegas, assuming Paradise Park is designed for 21 and up adults only?

The video is called "New Experiences at Volcano Bay". Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Ro3bYOraI

Thoughts?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 jimmybond responded on Sunday, 6th November 2016

for starters - that looks awesome, thanks for posting. a real threat to Disney's blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon both of which are a couple decades old now. Universal pouring harry potter profits into expanding other parts of their property, that's terrific. That looks like a water park I would really want to include as part of a stay.

As for Vegas carryovers - a wide lazy river 'underground' (in a show building) like at 1:15 in the video would be cool to add for Wynn. Everyone loves a lazy river float with a bucket of beers. And the underground party would give it a bit of an adult sensual 'playboy grotto' type of feeling. Maybe have light shows playing across the ceiling flashing in time with the oontz.

The aspect of having dining seating oriented towards views of the centre attraction (like at 1:20 in video) would tie in with having a king kong show, and might be similar to the premium water show seating at Wynn Palace Macau as highlighted in those recent demo reels. Control the views so that only those paying premium price (via 'park' admission, room charges for water view, or dining charges for water view seating) can see the show

Some of the other water slide aspects I don't think would carry over due to the liability aspect of when your patrons are drinking.

LakeMeadLakeErie responded on Friday, 11th November 2016

I guess I could see a need for a type of "it's a small world" type of ride inside of the the volcano. Certainly it doesn't need to be a cheap copy of the famous Disney ride, but it could be a magical type of family boat ride that is good enough to make it a tradition to visit. Not sure what theme you could do, but I believe there is an opportunity there.