Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

$20 credit card license sandwich upgrade trick

Last edit: buckeyefan on Sunday, 23rd October 2016 6:52 pm
Last response by warrenslo 26th October 9:09pm

Being comped a room at Encore, should I even bother with the sandwich upgrade trick?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 n580564x responded on Monday, 24th October 2016

Buckeyefan, I wouldn't bother with the $20 trick at Encore. I have seen it work at lesser hotels (The Orleans, Circus Circus and the trop), but I have seen it rejected at another high end place (Mirage). If I was going to advise you, I would encourage a higher denomination bill ($50) or just ask to see if they can upgrade you flat out and take it from there. For example "Are there any free upgrades to a nicer room available for my stay?", if "No", "would a $50 help my cause?" and a wink. It might not work, but handing someone a tip and then asking for service is an easy way to give away a $20. Just my two cents. Good luck and enjoy the trip.

parchedearth responded on Monday, 24th October 2016

You can probably get an upgrade to a higher floor or panoramic view room, but these are still essentially the same rooms. $20 trick works best when there are a number of different room types and the price difference is reasonable. The difference is too great to be upgraded to Tower room or petite/salon suite.

Chuckmonster replied on Monday, 24th October 2016

Parchedearth is right. Ask nicely for a higher floor and save your money.

buckeyefan responded on Tuesday, 25th October 2016

Kind of what I figured, thanks for the advice!

tholdren replied on Tuesday, 25th October 2016

when you going?

buckeyefan replied on Tuesday, 25th October 2016

December 11

warrenslo responded on Wednesday, 26th October 2016

at least as wynn is concerned, i paid extra for a panoramic view room one time, red card attached to room... ever since, my wynn specials price a panoramic room as the same price as a regular room at the special rate. not sure if this is part of their business strategy, but i find this interesting...