The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Absinthe going to Cosmo - confirmed

Last edit: jimmybond on Tuesday, 9th August 2016 8:31 am
Last response by vespajet 10th August 3:03pm

great news, good fit for them I think. 'reimagining' the ballroom of Rose. Rabbit. Lie.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 YoEleven responded on Tuesday, 9th August 2016

Interesting that Spiegelworld makes up with Cosmo and announces Absinthe is coming to Rose. Rabbit. Lie. just after Steve announces that "Show Stoppers" will keep playing.

My guess is he thought he had Absinthe in the bag when they announced the closing of Show Stoppers only to be pipped by Cosmo.

vespajet replied on Tuesday, 9th August 2016

The kerfuffle between Cosmo and Spiegelworld was with the previous ownership and management of Cosmo, but was settled about six months after Blackstone took over the property. When you consider the company that was running Rose.Rabbit.Lie., Coastal Luxury, was kicked to the curb not too long after Blackstone took over the resort. The Spiegelworld lawsuit against Cosmo did not mention Coastal Luxury by name, but did level some pretty serious allegations against the company and its' employees (Now whether those allegations actually held any water, we'll never know, but considering the company got dumped fairly quickly after new ownership takes over the property, there must have been some truth in those allegations.).

Absinthe does seem like a good fit for Cosmo, but I'm a bit nervous about what changes that will be coming to the show. It's going to lose some of that uniqueness that their venue at Caesars has.

anawas responded on Tuesday, 9th August 2016

I've experienced Absinthe, but not Vegas Nocturne, which closed before I could see it.

With that, how easy is it to restore all of what made Nocturne great in R.R.L., but featuring the cast of Absinthe? Anyway, it seems like Absinthe is likely to continue as a full-length linear show, yes?

jucifers responded on Wednesday, 10th August 2016

From the Las Vegas Weekly article: "In 2012, Spiegelworld premiered Empire in New York City, a show that recently toured Australia, Japan and North America. The company is currently developing new productions of Vegas Nocturne and Never Sleep Alone."

Could Vegas Nocturne, Never Sleep Alone and Empire each get its own Las Vegas showroom? Thoughts on the best shows and best locations? Caesars Palace tent? Encore showroom?

vespajet replied on Wednesday, 10th August 2016

Empire was never intended to be a Vegas production (although the show did do some previews in Vegas prior to their NYC debut), but rather an international touring production. Empire did very well in its' tour of Australia, which lasted for well over a year. Runs in Tokyo, New Zealand and Canada did alright, but the plug was pulled on the tour after dates in Portland. It was also around this time that the touring production of Absinthe was also pulled after their run in Australia, which did not go as well as Empire did.