Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Security lines at McCarran?

Last edit: joekollar on Saturday, 28th May 2016 5:40 am
Last response by joekollar 4th June 8:31am

How are the security lines at McCarran these days? Last time we were in Vegas, they seemed longer/slower. We always give ourselves plenty of time but with my local airport(JFK) having line issues, I'm wondering about my trip in June.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 blakjak21 responded on Saturday, 28th May 2016

Back in March , JFK was really bad. Luckily I had paid the extra fee when booking our JetBlue flights. We were sent thru the expedited lines. Coming back from Macarran was slow and that was for a 6:30 am flight back on a Monday.

We are heading back in 2 weeks. We'll definitely give ourselves extra time, booked with Delta this time.

KickedBoar591 responded on Saturday, 28th May 2016

You're in the PSA pre-check line if you fly Southwest. It's the best.

Drake responded on Sunday, 29th May 2016

Went okay for us a few weeks ago, but we were there at 6:00 a.m. I'd imagine JFK is going to be the bigger problem of the two.

joekollar responded on Monday, 30th May 2016

OK, thanks for the insight folks!

wpsteel66 responded on Monday, 30th May 2016

Flew out of Vegas 2 weeks ago on a Thursday at 1pm. No people waiting in line and walked right up to the security check point, showed my ID, and was finished a couple minutes later.

I commented before on Southwest baggage self-tagging really speeding up the check-in process. Again, a lot of people checking in but many kiosks and walked right up to one and with a couple minutes on my way to the security gate.

joekollar replied on Saturday, 4th June 2016

Thanks, I'm not big fan of Southwest for other reasons though so that kind of leaves them out.