The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Vdara Penthouse

Last edit: okvegas on Tuesday, 3rd May 2016 7:02 pm
Last response by motoman 17th May 1:54am

Does anyone have access to a floorplan for the upper floors of Vdara? I just booked one of the two-story, two bedroom penthouses, which I believe are located on the 56th floor. It would be great to know which one has the best views (I would assume the one on the SE corner).

Any have a good/bad experience in any of these rooms?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 HedgedBettor responded on Wednesday, 4th May 2016

The one bedroom penthouse has become my go to Vegas room at this point. It's not a great entertaining room considering what it is - there's less floor space than you might think. But its an exceptional room for a couple or a small group that wants a space to chill. You definitely want to be facing south, though even if you're facing north you have southern views through your upstairs bathroom. Can't speak to ones in the corners.

motoman responded on Friday, 6th May 2016

Well, you can sift thru these, if you've got some time on your hands...:

Oops, dead link on that page.
I'll have to see if I archived that info somewhere....

But there are at least four floorplans: similar to a Panorama; similar to an Executive Corner (we had this configuration); mid-floor w/ both bedrooms upstairs; mid-floor w/ bedrooms on separate floors. The desk could help. You could surf as many YouTubes for "Vdara Two Story" as you can stand....

As Hedged noted all have views in both directions & you're pretty much on top of the world up there.

okvegas responded on Friday, 6th May 2016

I appreciate the responses! I emailed reservations earlier in the week, and I got a canned response later in the week. That was probably my mistake, I might have had a quicker response going through MLife.

I watched several YouTube videos before booking, so I have a fair idea on the actual layout of the rooms. I'd really love to get my hands on the floor map, which hopefully my emails will yield me. I'm going with a group of friends, several of whom might be interested in booking the same or similar suite. I know I could call reservations and simply request rooms nearby, but I inevitably choose the harder way.

motoman responded on Saturday, 7th May 2016

Aha! Here it is.
These are the floorpans I remembered linking to in the reply above.

Go to the bottom of the page. All Vdara room types are listed, but you'll be interested in the "TWO BEDROOM PENTHOUSE.pdf" and "TWO BEDROOM PENTHOUSE CORNER.pdf" Each room's exact location on the floor is shown as well. As the titles imply, these pages are classified as corner or mid-floor, rather than one- or two-story, so both types are shown.

(Note the room descriptions are from a realtor's webpage and not the same as on the hotel's website. But it'll give you a starting point when pestering the desk agent, who may or may not be able to guarantee a specific room.)

motoman responded on Tuesday, 17th May 2016

...I will note that, in the "Executive Corner" style two-story that we had, the upstairs bedroom is open to the downstairs. In case privacy is a concern. Same concerns might apply to the mid-floor version with both bedrooms upstairs: you (and any, ahem, "guests") better be cozy with and/or uninhibited around your roommates!

[edit] Apparently, all the two-story Lofts except the one [mid-floor] with bedrooms on separate floors have one of the bedrooms at least partially open to the downstairs. The bigger concern might be noise from downstairs bothering the person trying to sleep upstairs. Also, the curtains donít exactly block all the sunlight.

You've no doubt noticed that you'll get a full kitchen (full-sized fridge!) and laundry as well. It's too bad PGP has taken away the Keurig coffeemakers and round-trip Aria Sky Suites airport limo. Ah well.

okvegas responded on Tuesday, 10th May 2016

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for! (and your comment about the "noise" potential is duly noted)

motoman replied on Tuesday, 17th May 2016

Oh Good God!
Expired link / they've taken the page down.

... don't suppose you downloaded the .pdf, did you? Because I went there tonite to do just that....

[edit] whew, page back up. Perhaps it really was just a case of a lapsed domain, as the little cartoon robot on the placeholder page said.

Just the same, download those .pdf's while you can, Vegas geeks....