The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

First time stay @ Cosmo

Last edit: blakjak21 on Sunday, 1st May 2016 12:42 pm
Last response by Lucky4now 13th May 6:41pm

Going for a first time stay @ the Cosmo. Invited for a Blackjack tourney on June 11. We will arrive on thursday, June 9th, leaving on Monday the 13th. Initial 2 night comp, most likely will be comp the rest of nights.

Any must do things there? Besides secret pizza and night clubs. We're from NYC, enough of both of those out here.

This is a father and 22yr old son trip.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Boomer007 responded on Sunday, 1st May 2016

Go to Chandelier bar and order a Verbena. Very fun drink. Tip, go to floor 1.5 (opens at 6 or 6:30pm i believe.

lewintn responded on Monday, 2nd May 2016

Cigars on your terrace, at sunset (provided a west facing view) with drinks or watching the fountains, just because you can? Ditto breakfast/coffee on the terrace.

Lunch special at Milo's, dinner at Wicked Spoon. Possible movies or bands on the pool deck. I'd not likely sit through a whole movie but it's a nice environment for a drink outside in the evening.

The people watching as the clubbies come through late Friday and Saturday is always world class.

Toro66 responded on Monday, 2nd May 2016

Get shakes from Holsteins

okvegas responded on Tuesday, 3rd May 2016

Scattered thoughts below:

Check out the Boulevard Pool. It was the only Strip-side pool until Drai's opened.

Go to Wicked Spoon - still the best Vegas buffet by my estimate.

I'm not sure if comp rooms are City Rooms these days, but last time I stayed comp'd it was a Terrace Suite. You've probably already done this, but try to get a Terrace Suite or better. It's hard to think of a better way to start/end the day than to be sitting on the patio overlooking the Strip.

You can't go wrong with a steak at STK.

blakjak21 responded on Tuesday, 3rd May 2016

Terrace suite is the comp'd room. I will try to get an upgrade. STK and Blue Ribbon are on my list. My drink @ Chandelier too. Possibly all the levels. Not sure if there will much time for lounging by the pool.

anawas responded on Monday, 9th May 2016

Get a taste of "Old Vegas" with a meal at the Peppermill or take a trip downtown (taxis required).

If you never leave Cosmo's grounds, the Jockey Club has a cramped store to buy cheap groceries/sundries.

If you've never seen Bellagio's (free) Conservatory, it's worth the short walk. Aria's lobbies are pretty cool, too.

Don't forget to give your son a little alone time so that he can enjoy Marquee (dayclub and/or nightclub), etc.

Lucky4now responded on Friday, 13th May 2016

Yes make sure housekeeping cleans your room. :> I stayed there twice and wasn't impressed but that was five years ago. I hope it has changed. The restaurants are great though. Milos is great and Scarpetta are good . The buffet is good but the lines are long. Check out the Art walk in City center.