The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

VT Implosion This Weekend

Last edit: Chuckmonster on Friday, 19th October 2007 3:25 pm
Last response by Chuckmonster 22nd October 6:19am

As most of you know, we've been toiling away on creating a new infrastructure/code base for all of our sites for the last six months. AC, Reno, FeltJungle and Macau are running on the new server, VT is running on the old server.

We're going to be switching the VegasTripping DNS entry to point to the new servers at some point this weekend. Depending on where you live and how long it takes for the DNS entry change to flush you may experience some weirdness with the site. Some pages may render in the old design, some may render in the new design, some shit might be just plain broken as we get it up and running.

We're going to be hosing The Board, Feature/News Comments and MyVegas this evening and moving all the data over to the new server. We hope that the migration will be fully complete within 24 hours or so.

I'll post an "all clear" message here when everything is ready to roll. Thank y'all for your patience and understanding as we implode the joint.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Chuckmonster responded on Sunday, 21st October 2007

The Eagle Has Landed. Let us know if you find busted stuff.

donnymac66 responded on Sunday, 21st October 2007

The new look is nice. I've noticed my countdown clock does not appear on my vegas page anymore.

Chuckmonster replied on Monday, 22nd October 2007

Great catch.... the missing javascript has been relocated and uploaded. :D