Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed

Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Chinese Democracy

Last edit: Chuckmonster on Tuesday, 25th November 2008 2:53 am
Last response by MrsHorn 7th July 9:07pm

Anyone listened to the new Guns N Roses joint yet? I was expecting it to be supremely strange, disjointed and manic.

*Gasp* I really really I like it. Notable is this verse from "Street of Dreams":

And though as long as this road seems
I know its called the street of dreams
But that's not stardust on my feet
It leaves a taste that's bittersweet
That's called the blues

A little perspective : they started working on their "next record" (which became Chinese Democracy) in 1993 - at about the same time Luxor opened.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 RockChickX51 responded on Tuesday, 25th November 2008

I heard whatever single is on the radio yesterday (I was flipping through channels and caught the middle of it) I didn't know what to think of it.

Did Slash record any songs for this? Or was it like half songs were with the original band, half the songs were with the new line up.

I might have to go buy it later on.

Chuckmonster responded on Tuesday, 25th November 2008

All new people other than the keyboardist. I'm actually shocked how much i like this record.

metalman6164 responded on Tuesday, 25th November 2008

I was surprised how supremely bad this record is. It is uninspired and flat sounding. The semi-industrial vibe may have worked if the record was released 6 or 8 years ago but the weak link here is that its 2008 and this record sounds like derivative drivel. In addition the industrial sound really sterilizes the gutsy, ballsy, blues-y edge that made the real GNR so vital. All in all, for me, not even worth a third listen.

Spyder responded on Wednesday, 26th November 2008

I just finished Slash's Biography, he doesn't have anything good to say about Axl at all, and after listening to this album, I gotta agree with metalma (or is that mentalman?) "Flat" good way to describe it.
'
On another note, I was watching TMZ (with Tina, really!!!!) and they tried to interview Slash, he wouldn't even look at the camera, but his wife said -and I sorta quote "Our kids like it, but they like Barney"

Axl's new song:

Take me down to Paradise City
Where the Dinosaurs are Purple and the Grrls are gritty....

MrsHorn responded on Tuesday, 7th July 2009

Sonically, musically and lyrically this was bad. All the Botox and plastic surgery affected W. Axl Rose.