The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Renting Old Cars in Vegas

Last edit: RockChickX51 on Monday, 28th July 2008 5:30 am
Last response by Aarhusianeren 23rd August 12:11am

I was wondering if there was anywhere in Vegas that rents old cars. I want to ride through the desert in an old El Dorado like they did in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (briefcase full of drugs optional, if anyone knows where I can get that let me know too).
Is there anywhere in Vegas that rents anything like this?
It doesn't necessarily have to BE an El Dorado, but something that's huge and boat like. I just want a huge car to cruise through Vegas in.

There's a place here by my house that sells old cars like that and he rents them as well but I refuse to drive from Florida to Vegas. Maybe one day, but not today.

Any and all info is appreciated.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 Chuckmonster responded on Monday, 28th July 2008

Why stop at that when you can rent the friggin Batmobile?

Hells yeah

RockChickX51 replied on Monday, 28th July 2008

Yeah I just called that place and they only rent to production companies. The lady on the phone was a jerk to and made it extremely clear that they "do not even have a Batmobile and they do not rent to private parties."

vespajet responded on Monday, 28th July 2008

Dream Car Rentals has a 1959 Cadillac Convertible you can rent. Not exactly the Red Shark, but classic nevertheless. It's not cheap though; $225 for 5 hours or $325 for a day.

Beverly Hills Rent-A-Car does have a selection of classic Caddies, but they don't list what they offer at their Las Vegas location. They're a bit pricey compared to Dream Car Rentals and give you less free miles.

BobKlv responded on Thursday, 14th August 2008

I saw a flyer/brochure for a place called Tropicana something or other. I happen to glance at it while I was waiting for a sandwich at the UNLV Capriatti's location (Maryland Pkwy just north of Trop). That place seems to have some of the classic, not super expensive cars for rent.

If I ever get back there for lunch...

Aarhusianeren responded on Saturday, 23rd August 2008

You might wanna try They have about 40 classics including a '65 Lincoln Continental Convertible, it doesn't really get more boat like without having a keel.

Just look out for those goddamned bats.