The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Bellagio $124/nt. or Paris $56/nt.?

Last edit: veenstra56 on Thursday, 21st June 2012 3:41 am
Last response by StudiodeKadent 15th May 1:01am

I would like some opinions on what way I should go with this; this Sunday my wife and I are planning on our first stay at Bellagio. Great rate at $124/nt., and we are very excited (first stay at Bellagio - we're Mirage and TI vets). However, I saw yesterday that we could switch to Paris for a mere $56/nt., with no resort fee, of course. Total savings = $420 for the four nights. We are grinds who prefer the pools, shows, restaurants, etc. with a little gambling thrown in. I fully realize that Paris cannot compete with Bellagio for luxury, but Paris seems in line with, say, Mirage (which we like), and the $ savings is compelling. What would you do?

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 nullzero00 responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

ask her. Saving money on lodging to use for dining and other activities usually works well (for me personally, anyway), but if she is looking forward to the luxury stay, then stay with Bellagio.

kstrehle responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

If you guys are more in to the room/dining/pools, I would think the decision would be a no-brainer. Bellagio it is. Paris is no comparison. I can't speak to the Paris pool but I can for Bellagio and it is a great pool. Nice tranquil scene.

Just a thought: could you pay a little more at Paris and get a better room? Maybe with a Strip view? I would imagine that the Bellagio room does not have a view.

Ultimately, I think I would stick with Bellagio.

jinx73 responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

I would say that Paris is comparable to Mirage, so I think you are fine there. For that amount of savings, I probably make the change and might even try to upgrade to a Fountain view at Paris (even at a per night rate).

andybflo responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

These people nailed it...

For me, a room has to be nice, but not extravagant. I'm in Vegas for Vegas, not to watch TV. For me, it's just gotta be clean and comfy. Ask me about my better half, tho, she wants both, and ultimately "decides" if this will be a fun vacation.

Paris is an OK place. Your parallel is about on; but I think Paris is starting to need some CET love (I've only stayed in the pre-remodeled rooms, so keep that in mind) in the furnishings department. It's clean, comfy, and very nice, just used. Not IP used, just at the end of a life cycle.

I agree with you though, spend the cash on experiences. All hotel rooms look the same with your eyes closed...

parchedearth responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

Paris blue rooms have not been rennovated in many years and are in poor shape. The (non-rennovated) Bellagio rooms are in ok shape and were much better to begin with. The Mirage rooms have been redone, so they are much better than even the Paris red rooms.

I would choose Bellagio for the separate bath and non-sagging mattress.

bd9902 responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

I've stayed at Paris and the rooms are nice. Nothing special but nice. The pool is sub-par, in my opinion. I'd equate it to Planet Hollywood and Luxor in that it's a big, open concrete deck with not a lot of ambiance.

JakeZ responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

'Nuff said.

Chuckmonster responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

Remember that Bellagio rate of $125 is actually $150/night with MGM doofus tax aka resort fee. If you pick Bellagio, make sure they put you in a newly renovated room, not the old stuff that might still be rattling around the system.

If it were me, I'd do Paris and use the savings to book a blowout dinner at Gordon Ramsay Steak and enjoy Bellagio's public areas like everybody else does and leave it at that.

ashkuo responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

haven't stayed at bellagio but recently stayed at Paris. typical room still has the CRTs, fluorescent lights, my friend had to switch b/c of mold's pretty much motel 6 compared w/a Palazzo or Cosmo room. Agree w/other comments if you don't plan to be in the room much then no big deal, otherwise i'd try others.

donnymac66 responded on Thursday, 21st June 2012

While I would save the money and go with Paris I don't personally think it's in the same class as Mirage. Mirage has nicer rooms, better pool, better bars, better poker room and better blackjack rules.

jinx73 replied on Friday, 22nd June 2012

I'll agree the rooms are nicer at Mirage right now, but to me it's just do to the refresh being done earlier. Last trip to Paris in March, I found that they had some better rules with blackjack then I've seen lately at Mirage, and after Mirage started reducing 4oak pay tables on bonus pokers at the bar and making most of them $1 machines, I'd have to give the edge to Paris too, especially since they look to be stocking some more mid level alcohols.

Skywise responded on Friday, 22nd June 2012

Unless you're getting a lakeview room at the Bellagio I'd say Paris. I love the Bellagio and the rooms are great but are the non-lakeview rooms worth $100/night more? Note I've not stayed at Paris but I can't think the Bellagios beds and bathrooms are that much fancier.

On the other hand the pool at the Bellagio is definitely nicer. (I've seen the Paris pool... Ias another poster said, it's a slab of concrete with water in it.)

veenstra56 responded on Friday, 22nd June 2012

Thanks to everyone for the replies; really enjoy this site, and value the opinions of those who post here. I think we'll end up sticking with Bellagio - primarily for the generally unfavorable pool reviews at Paris. We are, I'm assuming, going to be placed in the Spa Tower. Hopefully, and thanks to a $40 sandwich, I will have success getting an upgrade to an refurbished lakeview room.

Chuckmonster replied on Friday, 22nd June 2012

We advise against the $40 sandwich, $20 trick or whatever it is called these days.

Read Mike E's article about it and my Board response about it. Good luck!

CWatts26 replied on Friday, 22nd June 2012

I wouldn't try the 20.00 Dollar trick on top of the Resort Fee they charge.

StudiodeKadent responded on Wednesday, 15th May 2013

Technically speaking you can stay at Paris but do all your fun across the road at Bellagio, so I'd suggest that the true comparison is Convenience + Room Quality vs. Price Difference.

If you're Mirage vets then Bellagio might be better for loyalty club reasons though (more Mlife points).

If the additional convenience + additional room quality of staying at Bellagio is worth $420 or more to you, take Bellagio.