The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Important Message For All Board Members

Last edit: Chuckmonster on Wednesday, 29th February 2012 1:50 pm
Last response by johntree 7th March 7:54am

Dear VT vets and our new members,

While I was dealing with moving, a large influx of new members joined our little Chit-Chat Board. Welcome! After reading through some of what has been going on over the last few weeks, I'm compelled to remind folks what it is that makes The Board unlike other message boards and bullethead the minimum requirements for citizenship here.

Starting Topics:

When considering posting something, think twice, three times, perhaps a fourth before posting it. We prefer that all posts be well thought out platforms for discussion, be it in the form of an advice request, pointing to an external news article or sharing some specific tip or sharing your experience. If you're starting more than three topics in a day, you need to switch to Sanka.

Editing Topics:

Should you have a follow up to a topic you previously started, use the "Edit" button to add your follow up, don't start a new topic.... this keeps the threads consolidated for future generations.

Spelling/Typos/Grammar Police:

I'm a lousy speller. If it weren't for real time spell check on the Mac, I'd be sunk. I also have lots of issues with contractions and still fuck up the it's/its issue. In addition, there are a number of folks on The Board for whom English isn't their primary language. Furthermore, none of us were born with the same tools in our toolbox. For these reasons and many others, I - as Mayor of this Domain Name - order that the grammar police give folks a little bit of slack. Same thing goes for CAPS LOCKERS. I hate it too, but kindly asking goes a lot further towards strengthening the community than instant harassment.

Over the last few months The Board and the rest of VT have been targeted by teams of spammers from the Russian Federation, China and Denmark. They show up here and post useless messages then leave. Instead of wasting your energy telling them to fuck off (which they won't read) email me (charles@) or tweet (@vegastripping) that you found some spam and where and I will take care of it.

Fart knocker:

If you feel that the only way you can get your point across is by calling people names, you should consider spending your time elsewhere. Personal attacks or hate speech of any type will not be permitted under any circumstances and will result in immediate ban from VT.

Have at it. Disagree. Yell and scream at each other, but always keep it civil and back up your arguments with valid points and be sure to +1 or ^5 folks that you agree with. We're all friends here even though we all have different tastes and opinions. The operating principle is that we all love Vegas. Like whoa.

Happy Tripping!

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 MeltYrselfDown responded on Wednesday, 29th February 2012

well said, sir.
quite eloquent, indeed.

also, welcome back.

Rockymountainroller responded on Wednesday, 29th February 2012

It's (it is) well said.

vespajet responded on Wednesday, 29th February 2012

Noted and filed (but not in File 13 or File 86).

Stosh responded on Wednesday, 29th February 2012

Darn it!

I had signed up just to troll and talk sh!7 like Lane Kiffin. No worries, my plan B was to keep it positive and spread the vegas love. So I got that goin' for me.

Bajagmoe responded on Wednesday, 29th February 2012

Great post straight to the point and funny. You explain the attitude of the site perfectly.

levans responded on Thursday, 1st March 2012

Well said, Chuck and welcome back

johntree responded on Wednesday, 7th March 2012

As always our stalwart Mayor is bang on. To me this is a place for information, exchanging Vegas ideas, and for learning about new experiences in our Vegas. No need for negativity or rudeness. Cheers everyone.