Expedia.com!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Advertisement

Let the Resurrection be broadcast!

Last edit: nullzero00 on Sunday, 20th November 2011 2:46 pm
Last response by BigHoss 23rd November 8:36am

http://www.vegasrex.com/2011/11/the-resurrection/#comments

in an age of one vegas site after another failing to post new content (present site excluded), it's good to have an old friend back.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 apollo28 responded on Sunday, 20th November 2011

yawn

vespajet replied on Sunday, 20th November 2011

Why even bother posting if all you can contribute is "yawn"?

we need more exciting posts than this. Details of Prince Harry's adventures at Tryst would be good.

JakeZ replied on Monday, 21st November 2011

Unless that was sarcasm, you could surely find posts like that at the LV Sun's A&E page, written by Robin Leach.

Okie21 responded on Sunday, 20th November 2011

I can't say for sure since I don't know the guy, but the 3 posts I read made him seem like a cynical, self-centered idiot whose blog has a few hits because his comments are half-way entertaining. I'm not taking a word of it to have any depth or value though.

nullzero00 replied on Monday, 21st November 2011

That's part of the appeal - he's not afraid to say that something sucks in fear of losing advertising $$.

Why does everything HAVE to have value? Sometimes things can just be fun reads...

and actually, now that i think about it, Rex portrayed a lot of what never gets seen on trips to vegas - all the areas that only locals go to, good and bad. He showed us that the city can be really great, and a shithole in other ways through his years of living there. It was also nice to see nearly daily updates (with pics) on just about everything that happened in Vegas.

Okie21 replied on Monday, 21st November 2011

Perhaps my sample size was too small then, but I have no desire to read more.... unless I am desperate for something to keep me from studying haha

Exactly so "yawn" was the perfect response.

JohnD responded on Sunday, 20th November 2011

Who?

BigHoss replied on Wednesday, 23rd November 2011

What?

donnymac66 responded on Monday, 21st November 2011

I always enjoyed Rex's writing style. And it was nice to get daily updates that didn't always include touristy stuff. I'm glad it's back and that his huge gallery of pictures will be available again.

apollo28 responded on Monday, 21st November 2011

I hope this guy takes his web site down soon.

nullzero00 replied on Monday, 21st November 2011

why? you seem to like it...

erzeszut responded on Monday, 21st November 2011

I used to read Rex's site religiously, back when I was a bit of a Vegas newb. It made me feel like a "cool insider."

Then I realized that Rex is one of those people who gets off by pissing on anything and everything in sight, and is just generally a dick. (He is, however, a pretty excellent photographer.)

Still, this is one resurrection I'll be skipping. I get my Vegas highs from other places these days.

Exactly...so Rex...please take your web site down.

donnymac66 replied on Monday, 21st November 2011

We get it you don't like Rex or his site but some of us do.

vespajet responded on Monday, 21st November 2011

Damn some of you folks are haters. Not every Vegas site is going to be for everyone, so quit hating unless you think you've got the stones to throw up a site of your own done in your own style. Hating on another Vegas site is not exactly something that us longtime members like to see unless it's Trip Advisor......

Chuckmonster responded on Monday, 21st November 2011

Ok. Enough.

BigHoss replied on Wednesday, 23rd November 2011

I didn't get a "Harumph!" outta that guy.

All the other kids with their pumped up kicks you better run better run outrun my gun.