The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Booking Mandarin Oriental, b/c of too much nightclub noise...

Last edit: MinVegas on Sunday, 1st May 2011 3:59 pm
Last response by jammoral 2nd May 5:39am

LONDON - A wealthy elderly guest at Buckingham Palace changed her reservation to Hyde Park's Mandarin Oriental hotel on Thursday, complaining of the nightclub noise at her old property.

"We have been staying at the Palace for as long as we can remember," this anonymous room-switcher was quoted as saying. "It's always been like we have the entire property to ourselves, and the comps have always been very generous. But on Thursday night, there was no peace anywhere in the property. It was though the doormen had forgotten to show up, they were letting in all sorts of riff raff."

The most unpleasant part, though, was the noise.

"There was this thunderous sound, it went a little something like 'OONTZ OONTZ OONTZ'. It felt like... Well.. What is that quote everyone expects to hear? Right. We were not amused."

The balconies were teeming with drunken partiers. The formal music room was blasting Ke$ha's 'Party at a Rich Guy's House'. The usual amenities had been shut off for the night, and service was no help.

"I called downstairs, and they said there was something about a wedding or something and I would just have to put up with it. Finally, we could take no more. Off to the Mandarin. It's expensive, and the location isn't ideal, but at least I can sleep."

Asked if she would return to Buckingham Palace in the future, our anonymous guest replied, "Probably. Our rates there are just too good."

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 jammoral responded on Monday, 2nd May 2011

Where has that lady been the last 6 months. I sure it was Party central this past week in London!!!