The Board at VegasTripping

Board @ VT RSS Feed Board Topic RSS Feed!

Airfare, Hotels, Rental Cars, Vacation Packages

Southwest Vacations logo!

Supported Browsers on The Board

Last edit: Chuckmonster on Friday, 26th January 2007 1:33 am
Last response by tdinka 19th February 9:58pm

Welcome to the beta version of our new Board - the VT posse wrote it from the ground up so there might be some bugs in the system.

Chances are, any issues you are having are 'probably' because you haven't upgraded your browser/OS in ages. Please hook up the latest IE 7 update or switch to Firefox (suggested!).

Browsers that do work:
Firefox 1.5, 2 (Mac, Win, Linux)
IE 6&7 (Windows XP)
Safari (Mac)

Browsers that 'should' work:
IE 6 (Windows 2000)

Browsers that probably won't work:
IE 5.5 or less on Windows
IE on Macintosh
Netscape 7.2 or less

If you are experiencing a problem using The Board, email us and tell us what OS/Browser you're using, what you were doing and we'll email you right back, or you can post it to the Bug Report Thread.

Post Response

Report this topic as inappropriate.

Add To Itinerary
 RateVegas responded on Tuesday, 23rd January 2007

As someone that writes Web apps and has to support all sorts of users, Chuck is 100% right. You will make your life a lot easier if you are running a recent browser.

If you don't, all sorts of problems will be your fate. Welcome to an afternoon of bad rendering, my friend.

If you're on Windows, I still say FireFox is best but IE7 is a much better product than IE6.

On the Mac, I'm in love with Safari but Firefox is a contender and OmniWeb uses the same rendering engine as Safari with some cool extra features so it probably works just as well... Oh, and the version of 'Safari' on Apple's iPhone will use that renderer too. Nice.

As far as Opera, I've never really spent much time with it. I use it on my BlackBerry sometimes. My only question with Opera is... Why?

Chuckmonster replied on Friday, 26th January 2007

I interviewed a guy at my day job and he referred to Opera with a big O as in Oprah. I nearly pissed my pants. Twice.

Chuckmonster replied on Friday, 26th January 2007

Seriously. I wet my pants.

missmonkay responded on Thursday, 25th January 2007

Very exciting!!!!!

tdinka replied on Monday, 19th February 2007

This is a gem of a thread right here.